I wonder if this was gang related??
Atlanta police charge boys, 8 and 9, with rape
Officials say 11-year-girl kidnapped, raped in woods
updated 1 hour, 48 minutes ago
ACWORTH, Ga. - Three boys ages 8 and 9 were being held Monday in a detention center on charges of kidnapping and raping an 11-year-old girl in the woods near a suburban apartment complex, officials said.
The alleged attack happened Thursday and the girl's mother reported it to authorities Sunday, Acworth police Capt. Wayne Dennard said.
"The juvenile victim stated that an 8-year-old boy and two 9-year-old boys that she had been playing with earlier pulled her into a wooded area, where one of the boys raped her," Dennard said.
The three boys were charged with rape, kidnapping, false imprisonment and sexual assault, Dennard told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Their names were being withheld because of their age.
Prosecutors have not decided whether to try the suspects as adults.
"That decision hasn't been made," said Kathy Watkins, a spokeswoman for the Cobb County District Attorney's office. She had no further comment.
Calls to the Acworth Police Department were not returned Monday morning.
Acworth is 30 miles northwest of Atlanta in the city's fast-growing outer suburbs.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
I wonder if this was gang related??
I make Machiavelli look like a weenie.
or "wanna-be" gang related perhaps, considering the age. Copycat activity.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
Some gangs tend to have younger members as they are more often overlooked by authorities. The youngest one that I have ever heard of was a 7 y.o. out in CA
I make Machiavelli look like a weenie.
What a lovely snapshot of the future of our country.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
sad thing is, it's just going to get worse and worse until we stop pampering everybody. these 3 kids will probably serve no time or any penalty except probabation because they are both ADHD and have a "learning disability". They both come from a broken home where mom had 3 jobs and can't spend much time at home. the public school system has failed the 3 kids and not taught them lessons to prevent this type of activity.
[img]http://www.usersigs.com/site/./data/media/14/581140986869_2.png[/img]
It's not so much about pampering as it is a case of certain segments of society dealing with hopelessness due to the fact of limited upward mobility in this day and age.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> sad thing is, it's just going to get worse and worse until we stop pampering everybody. these 3 kids will probably serve no time or any penalty except probabation because they are both ADHD and have a "learning disability". They both come from a broken home where mom had 3 jobs and can't spend much time at home. <span style="color: #FF6666">the public school system has failed the 3 kids and not taught them lessons to prevent this type of activity.</span> </div></div>
Can't blame the school system....teachers have their hands tied. All blame goes to the parent/parents.
Macho Man
[img]http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/2007/11/01/2003988995.jpg[/img]
2007 ACC Champions!
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: buck73</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Can't blame the school system....teachers have their hands tied. All blame goes to the parent/parents. </div></div>
I agree considerably.
While having a positive influence in school is great for kids, the school system isn't there to raise the kids. The people that conceived and birthed that child are more reponsible than the teachers are.
You can't say "yep I made this kid and I'm keeping it - but someone else is responsible for turning it into a good citizen"
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elp6n</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: buck73</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Can't blame the school system....teachers have their hands tied. All blame goes to the parent/parents. </div></div>
I agree considerably.
While having a positive influence in school is great for kids, the school system isn't there to raise the kids. The people that conceived and birthed that child are more reponsible than the teachers are.
You can't say "yep I made this kid and I'm keeping it - but someone else is responsible for turning it into a good citizen" </div></div>
Here is where abortion comes in, they can't abort the kid, can't stay home and can't get enough help to do any better for themselves. So what do they do? That is the problem with system of "help" we have.
Bookmarks